Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sugar Beach

Let me just say that as much as I can criticize and point fingers at the government for how they are spending our tax dollars here in Toronto - they have finally gotten something right.

The WATERFRONToronto project is probably one of the best things that could have happened to my life. Not only is it going to make heading down to queens quay that much more compelling, but it has strategically placed a beach right outside my office building. I'm talking right outside - I can see it from my desk (if only you knock down the two cubicle-like walls in front of me).

Sugar Beach. Close your eyes and I swear you'll feel like you're in another world...far, far away from the work piling up on your desk and the numbing hum of your office building.

This afternoon I kicked off my heels and ventured into the giant sand box with Jess - my new coworker slash soul mate? A wickedly cool girl that I would probably go insane without every day. Thank god someone gets my sarcasm and inappropriateness.

Back tracking - we collapsed into two white wooden perfect cottage esque beach chairs and spent our lunch hour underneath a pink umbrella. Um pretty much made my day.

Nothing makes stupidity and heart break slip your mind more than a little taste of sugar. Seriously.

No comments: