Monday, August 23, 2010

Something in your eyes

You can see right through me when you're looking into my eyes. No matter what kind of front I'm putting up or how tough I think I am standing there...my eyes give it all away. Everytime.

I think that's why I'm always always in big sunglasses...and here I thought it was just a fun fashion statement...your mind plays tricks on you sometimes...(go figure)

It's funny - it's so easy to hide emotion behind that thin dark piece of plastic, putting up a wall between you and the person sitting literally at arms length.

A quiet defense, a piece of armor to slip away with dignity.

Yet the second they come off your face you lose the battle. Your achilles heel. Your wounds open for anyone to see.

Making it too easy for you.

Cover your eyes little girl, it's not worth it.

No comments: