Friday, October 16, 2009

RyanDan Concert



One of my closest friends and my miracle healer during all those hard years of injuries, Farhan Dhalla, gave me the greatest surprise recently. A year ago he gave me this incredible CD for Christmas that really touched my soul. When I first heard RyanDan, I was mesmerised by the power and beauty of their voices. Their lyrics are so real and genuine, I felt an instant connection. Whenever life got too much to handle and I needed a quick break from reality I would turn to them. Closing the blinds in my room, blasting RyanDan and curling up with a blanket was my go-to stress reliever technique. When I found out he got us tickets to their concert in Richmond Hill I was ecstatic! To make the evening that much better, Farhan hooked us up with a meet and greet before the show with Ryan and Dan! We were both so nervous it was hilarious. I was definitely a little star struck, but they were so down to earth and approachable. You never would have known that they were about to go out and sing for hundreds of people. It was an amazing evening. We sat in the 2nd row and could feel the vibrations of the music running through us. Honestly, it was hard not to cry at one point. I just became flooded with emotions. I don't know if it was the lyrics or their voices or just dealing with a lot lately and needed a release, but whatever it was it was an amazing night. Thank you so much Farhan, I owe you more than you know.

Much love
xo

No comments: