Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Canadian Club

A few weeks ago I received these emails about this event at the prestigious Canadian Club and marked it in my calendar. I really wanted to go because I thought it was a really great idea on behalf of the Pan Am Bid. The Canadian Club of Toronto will host a discussion about the benefits of holding the Pan / Parapan Am Games in Toronto in 2015 led by a panel consisting of David Peterson, Chair, Toronto 2015 Pam Am Games Bid, Chris Rudge, Secretary General and CEO of the Canadian Olympic Committee, and Jagoda Pike, President and COO of the Toronto 2015 Bid. The discussion will be moderated by legendary Canadian rower and Olympian Marnie McBean.

So I got my ticket and I was really looking forward to hearing what the panel had to say. Two days before the event, Jagoda had to fly down to Ecuador leaving the Bid in a tight spot. I got a call from Bob Richardson, who is the communications and PR mastermind for us, and was asked to fill in. I of course couldn't say no, this was one of the biggest opportunities that I've ever had come my way. I was excited, nervous, but ready to speak my mind in front of a roomful of people that would be hanging on our every word. This was so important and I couldn't believe that I was going to be up there.

The event was yesterday and it went so well. I spoke from the heart, with passion, and that's all I can do. It was amazing and I hope people caught it on the Rogers Channel (it will be replayed throughout this week!).

Check out this article and VIDEO of the panel at the Canadian Club of Toronto yesterday!

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2009/10/17/11432411-sun.html#/news/torontoandgta/2009/10/17/pf-11432411.html

No comments: