Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Amazing Woman of the Week - JANE ROOS


Let me tell you a little something about my good friend Jane....

There are probably not enough words in the dictionary to describe her, but I'll do my best. Not only is she larger than life, but one of the most incredible women I have ever been fortunate to come across. She is going to blush when she reads this I'm sure, but I'm doing it anyways (love you Jane).

There are people out there that have an energy that is unlike anything you've ever felt. It's not that she just lights up a room when she walks into it, but she has the uncanny ability to inspire, motivate and fuel the people around her. She's magnetic. An athlete, business woman, wife, mother, artist, humanitarian...the list goes on and on. It's no wonder she's one of the most influential women in sport in this country.

The founder of the Canadian Athletes Now Fund, which has donated millions of dollars to struggling Canadian Athletes, Jane has dedicated her life to giving back and making a difference. She always leaves me in awe and I've said this before, but she makes me realize that the whole world is at the tip of my fingers.

Her overwhelming genorosity speaks volumes to the kind of person she is. Thank you for always sending out so much love, grace and strength into this world.

No comments: