Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where did the time go?

I was talking with my coach, Mimi, yesterday and we were saying how fast these past two weeks have gone by. We were in the car on the way back from the gym and she started talking about packing and I was just like what? The idea of packing everything up again and getting ready to leave hadn´t even crossed my mind. I reassured her that we had so much time left before our flight on monday. So we got home and I just had a feeling to look at my tickets and wouldn´t you know our flight was on sunday not monday!!!! We totally would´ve missed our flight home if I hadn´t checked it! Both of us were laughing so hard at this because it has actually happened to us before. I am sooo relieved we got it all sorted out, but now I only have two days left here in Marbella. I´m a little sad, but happy too. I wish there was more time to do things I wanted to do...aka shopping....but I was here to train and that´s exactly what I did.

It was a really hard trip for me, but pushing through it I´ve come out so much stronger and better prepared for the next couple of weeks heading to Beijing. Mimi totally whipped me into shape, but I needed it badly. I keep saying it, but she is the only coach that can get the best out of me. No matter what, I trust her completely and know that she is going to do everything in her power to have me ready for my first Olympics. We have waited such a long time for this and I know it´s going to be the performance of my lifetime.

Ok I really need to go buy some souvenirs to give to everyone back home....ciao!

No comments: