Tuesday, May 27, 2008

stressing...

For some reason I thought that if I qualified for the Olympics my life would all of a sudden be perfect. No stress, no drama, no negativity....just perfect. I couldn't be more wrong. So yes I qualified and it was beyond amazing, hands down the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life, but it has been anything but perfect since. I think I tried so hard all year before qualifiers to not get sick, not get injured, not get distracted... you get the idea....that the second I let myself breathe normally again my body kind of crashed. Long story short, I was competing and rolled my ankle really bad a few weeks ago. It was the scariest moment of my career. I honestly thought I had broken my ankle and I can't even describe the pain to you if I tried. All the doctors in Europe said I had to be off it, so they sent me back home and kept me out of the gym for a few weeks. I don't know why, but at the beginning I thought it was better that no one really knew about it. I didn't want anyone feeling bad for me or worrying. I didn't want anyone doubting, even for a second, that I would be fine. I think it was a way of telling myself that nothing was wrong and I was fine. So I came home from europe, a little scared, but ready to do whatever I had to do to get better. I've had the best medical team working on me every single day and an injury that should've taken 12 weeks to heal has taken 4! Right now I'm almost 100% and am so excited to be back in the gym on monday. I miss it so much. I never thought I would be so frustrated to be resting for once and not training like a crazy person, but I really am. I want to be in the gym so bad I don't know what to do with myself. I knew that I had to be patient with the injury and not push it. The main goal has been and still is the Olympics and that's all that matters this year to me. Everything I do, everything I work for is for those three days in August. I can't be more fortunate to have such an incredible support system behind me. The medical clinic has become my second family, my friends are doing everything they can to keep me positive and healthy and my family family have never left my side. I couldn't ask for anything more to get me through this...

No comments: