Friday, August 8, 2008

4 Bronze now BEIJING...

The competition in Bulgaria couldn't have been a better preparation for me. Not only did I end up walking away with four bronze medals, but also with stronger confidence in myself and what I was capable of. I was a little hesitant competing on my ankle that has been injured since April, but once I walked off my first routine I knew there was nothing to worry about. My adrenaline, focus and determination washed away the pain those few days and I felt better out on the carpet than I had in a long time. I didn't think twice about the injury and was able to give it my all, not holding anything back. It was the perfect experience to have before heading to the Olympics. I feel so ready to go, which is not always the case before a competition. Every athlete knows when they're not in the best possible shape or didn't have the preparation they needed to have the competition of a lifetime. Throughout my whole career in this sport I have always known myself and how to read what my body was telling me. I definitely know that when I'm not 150% confident I can't perform to the best of my abilities. With confidence comes everything else. I'm sharper, more expressive and powerful. It is a huge difference when I let my nerves get to me. My main goal for the Olympics is to go out there, give it my all and just have fun doing what I love. I don't want to be nervous or hold back anything. This is my moment and I'm going to do everything I can to make it unforgettable. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!! SHOW THEM WHO THE BEST IN THE WORLD IS!!
CANADA GOES ALL THE WAY TO GOLD! I KNOW YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST ALEX, CANADA IS VERY PROUD OF YOU!!
FROM A VERY PROUD CANADIAN!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your time in China.
You are beautiful.
You will get them next time.